Advanced Manufacturing within Autodesk
When it comes to manufacturing, Autodesk likely has a product that can meet your needs. Many people are pleasantly surprised to find that Autodesk has one of the largest and most complete portfolios of manufacturing products, all geared towards the goal of Make Anything.
Swiss style turning is one of the more difficult lathe type operations. Typically thought of for turning small, high precision parts, Swiss turning is becoming more mainstream. Because of the use of guide bushings, and also because often the part can move in the “Z” direction on Swiss style lathes, precise programming, and collision avoidance is critical.
Below are three videos highlighting some of this type of CNC machining in PartMaker.
Swiss Screw Making: Thread whirling
Swiss Screw Making: Back turning
Swiss Screw Making: Broaching
Other Manufacturing Solutions:
Other manufacturing solutions from Autodesk include:
- PowerMill for complex 2-5 axis machining
- FeatureCAM for automatic feature based machining
- HSM CAM for integrated CAM programming in Inventor and SolidWorks
- Fusion 360 for cloud based manufacturing
- TruNest for nesting and fabrication
- NetFabb for advanced 3DPrinting and more
- Factory Design utilities for workflow design of your manufacturing facility
- And more